Finally the day has coming near so you need to make arrangements for what to bring to the birthing center and care for any children or pets not coming.
What to bring to the Birthing Center
Your provider may have already given you a list of things to bring with you. If not here are some items that you may want:
- music on mp3, cd,
- any medications you are on
- your partner’s medications
- changes of clothes especially if you will be staying a couple of days
- clothes for the baby
- diapers especially if you are choosing to do cloth diapers
- snacks that you love
- panties that you have chosen for your post partum bleeding
- pads for post partum bleeding
- knitting, things to occupy your hands or to do while you wait etc...
Here is an extensive list of things to include for yourself and your newborn: http://thebirthingsite.com/birthing-places/item/309-what-should-i-pack-in-my-hospital-bag?.html
If you do forget anything, don't panic because someone can always run back and get whatever you need.
Care for Other Children or Pets
Ensure you have a plan for your older children when you go into labour. Most birthing centers allow children but it may be a long wait for a young one. It is a good idea to pack an overnight bag ahead of time for them to take if they are going outside of your home. It is hard to determine how long you will be in labour so it is a good idea to be prepared in case you cannot get home in 24 hrs and you may want someone to check in on your pets as well.
Go back to Step #6: Developing a Birthing Plan
Go ahead to Step #9: Preparing for Coming Home